Emerging PIPE Fund
Diversified growth fund adopting a unique investment approach via private investment into public equity (“PIPE”).
Mandate & investment strategy
The Fund is a concentrated fund focused on investing in special investment opportunities in listed and pre-IPO emerging companies. The Fund’s mandate allows for investment in both quasi equity (for example convertible notes) or direct equity, with a preference for quasi equity.
The Fund will hold a concentrated position of up to 20 investments from the best ideas generated by Altor Capital. The Fund will leverage off our private equity and capital markets experience to protect and enhance investment returns. We will be macro focused in the sectors we chose to invest in. These sectors will be experiencing strong tailwinds.
We define a “PIPE” transaction simply as a private equity approach in a publicly listed company. The Fund has a disciplined research investment process into micro-cap and small cap listed companies and combine this with a traditional private equity approach to achieve superior rates of return. With each investment we will seek to partner with our investee company and bring to bear our vast experience as private equity and capital market investors.
Open-ended, unlisted unit trust
Style and risk profile
Long term investment horizon and private equity approach. High risk profile.
We have a proven track record in micro-cap and small cap investing and nurture strong relationships while securing access to exclusive opportunities
Target return of +15% p.a.
Value add to core investments
Strong and proven track record
Altor use a proprietary investment process covering 4 core investment pillars
1. Due Diligence
- Management meetings and site visits.
- Review company information.
- Undertake due diligence.
- Financial analysis.
- Complete investment screening and investment decision.
- Work with management on structuring a facility to their needs across the capital stack including equity, quasi-equity or debt.
- Understand strategic roadmap of the company and provide recommendations to maximise shareholder value.
- Ongoing information requirements including quarterly financials.
- Board position or observer rights.
- Regular meetings with management.
- Involvement in company strategy sessions.
- Strategic advisory including growth strategy, shareholder value management and operational implementations.
- Leverage Altor’s capital markets capability to drive growth including introducing company to new investors.
- Mergers & Acquisitions.
Invest with us today
We’re employee owned, alternative asset specialists and invest alongside our clients.